Mitch Brierley, Josh Brierley, Morgan Fogarty, Grace Rowe, Joshua Livsey and Heaton Rejtano will all receive support from Kawasaki in 2014 as they compete on board the KX85 while Lyndon Snodgrass will fly the flag on board a KX250F.
Mitch Brierley –12 years old, NSW, KX85, #204
- NSW Sprint & Cross Country Championship, NSW Junior Enduro Championship and the Australian Junior Off Road Championship, Hattah Desert Race, Australian Junior MX Championship
- Results – 2013 – 2nd Hattah Desert race, 1st Australian Junior Off-Road Championship
- “My goal is really to do as well as I can and the state and national off-roads this year and also post a good result at Hattah. The KX85 is heaps good and the support from Kawasaki is very exciting”.
Josh Brierley – 12 years old, NSW, KX85, #203
- NSW Sprint & Cross Country Championship, NSW Junior Enduro Championship and the Australian Junior Off Road Championship, Australian Junior MX Championship
- Results – 2013 – 4th Hattah Desert Race, 2nd Australian Junior Off-Road Championship
- “I really like the new 2014 KX85. The power’s up so I’ve had to adjust my riding style a bit but I’m really looking forward to competing on it. If all goes to plan I’ll win the State & National off-road series and a top 5 at the Junior MX Nationals. Thanks for the support Kawasaki. I can’t wait to race.”
Morgan Fogarty - 14 years old, VIC, KX85, #10
- Victorian Junior MX Championship, Australian Junior MX Championship,
- Results – 2012 – 1st Vic Junior MX Championship (B-grade) 65cc class & 85cc class
- “I really enjoyed racing my KX85 over the last couple of years and I was stoked when Kawasaki asked me to ride the new bike for the 2014 KX85 promotional video. Now to be asked to come on board with Kawasaki as part of the KX Junior Squad is the icing on the cake. I’m confident of doing well on the new KX85 in 2014.”
Grace Rowe – 13 years old, NSW, KX85, #727
- NSW Sprint & Cross Country Championship, NSW Junior Off Road Championship, NSW MX Titles, Australian Junior MX Championship
- Results – 2013 – 1st Tri-Series MX Series, 2013 – 1st NSW Minikana Titles
- “What a highlight to be a part of team Kawasaki for 2014! I love riding, and to add the great encouragement and support from Kawasaki is awesome. I’m so excited to give this year everything I have, and doing it as part of ‘Team-Green’ is the best”.
Joshua Livsey – 13 years old, QLD, KX85, #457
- QLD Sunshine State Series, QLD Junior MX Championship, Australian Junior MX Championship
- Results – 2013 – 1st Go-Girls Series, 3rd QLD Sunshine State Series
- “I’m rapt to be supported by Kawasaki in 2014. The KX85 is awesome and I’m over the moon. I’m looking forward to a successful year ahead.”
Heaton Rejtano - 15 years old, NSW, KX85, #334
- NSW East Coast MX Series, NSW Junior MX Championship, Australian Junior MX Championship
- Results – 2013 – 9th Australian Junior MX Nationals, 2013 – 3rd Kings Of The Valley
- “I am very grateful to have this opportunity to be part of the Kawasaki Team for 2014. My goals for this year are to finish in the Top 3 in NSW MX State Titles and Top 5 in the Australian Junior MX Titles, while having fun riding the new 2014 KX85.”
Lyndon Snodgrass – 16 years old, VIC, KX250F, #784
- Vic Junior Off-Road Championship, Australian Junior Off-Road Championship, Hattah Desert Race
- Results – 2013 – 1st Vic Junior Off-road Championship, 3rd Australian Junior Off-road Championship, 6th Hattah Desert Race
- “For the past 4 years I have really enjoyed racing Kawasaki's, starting on the KX85 and working my way up to the KX250F. I am very grateful for the amazing support I am receiving from Kawasaki this year. My new KX250F is just awesome and I can't wait to race it in this my last year of juniors. I have been training heaps in the off season and am ready to go for 2014!”
Kawasaki Australia Managing Director, Ken Hashiba say’s, “We are very excited about working together with these 7 young talented riders in 2014 and beyond. The Kawasaki brand is renowned for fostering young talent around the world with the Team Green program in the USA kick-starting the careers of highly successful riders like Ryan Villopoto, Ricky Carmichael, Jeremy McGrath, James Stewart and many more. We look forward to helping our own Junior Squad in Australia realize their potentials.”
Kawasaki is confident that its KX Junior Squad will continue to grow and develop into highly talented riders and will attain the skills and knowledge necessary to forge a successful career as professional athletes. CLICK HERE to view the KX Junior Squad site.