MOTORCYCLE COMMUTERS READY TO RIDE TO WORK
7th - 11th OCTOBER 2019
Monday October 7, Australia’s motorcyclists will kick Ride Your Motorcycle to Work Week into gear, saddling up for a week of two-wheeled commuting. Running over five days from 7th -11th October 2019. Ambassador and 2019 Dakar Champion Toby Price said the event aimed to spread the joy of motorcycling.
- “When you ride, you’re living a little more! No one should go through life without knowing the joy of riding a motorbike.”
- “Easy parking, lane filtering and the freedom and feeling of two-wheels. How could you have a bad day at work if it starts and ends with a ride?”
- “No matter what you ride, this a week for us all to come together and enjoy taking the long way home!” he said
To support the week, a selection of Australia’s motorcycle dealerships will offer a free Ride-Thru safety check. Riders can roll up for a fast 10-point inspection of their bike to make sure it is safe and road ready. The third annual event, Ride Your Motorcycle to Work Week aims to unite riders, celebrating taking the ‘long way home’, showcasing the small moments in a journey only riders notice. Supported by Australia’s motorcycle brands via the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries, the event will also encourage riders to share their favourite sections of their long way home.
The event will run from October 7 to 11th, carving out its own place in the local motorcycle calendar. FCAI CEO Tony Weber said the goal was to get current riders riding and make prospective riders curious.
- “We are traditionally a country mad for motorcycles. This event gives riders an opportunity to share their love for bikes with their colleagues and prepare for summer” said Mr Weber.
- “When the motorcyclists I know start explaining their love for it, I have to admit I am tempted to ask for lessons. Bringing a group with so much passion together, making them more visible on the road… it’s a great opportunity to get back on the bike, or take your first steps as a rider.”
Follow the event at:
Ride Your Motorcycle to Work Week is an initiative of the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries, supported by Kawasaki Motors Australia.