The new 2017 Kawasaki KX250F offers an even more powerful 249 cm³ liquid-cooled, 4-stroke single cylinder engine, a significant overall reduction in weight and class leading ergonomics, making this model the fastest KX250F yet. In fact, the new model gets around the track 1.6 seconds quicker* than its predecessor, holding true to the KX philosophy of building champions and placing mid to expert riders on the top step of the podium.
Key updates include:
• 1.7 kg lighter overall enabling quicker handling (weighs only 104.5kg).
• New, lighter weight engine that benefits from factory style tuning to provide even more power and faster lap times.
• Narrower and lighter aluminium frame with revised rigidity contributes to greater front-end feel while incorporating the benefits of the proven KX450F swingarm.
• Revised radiator orientation allows for slimmer shrouds, combined with an even flatter seat and tank to make for easier body positioning.
• Improved Uni-Trak rear suspension boosts rear-end feedback.
• Enhanced Race ready Separate Function front Fork (SFF) provides greater stability over braking bumps and through corners.
• Aggressive new factory styling featuring in-mould graphics.
•Downdraft-style intake routing - new downstream injector now dispenses its 75 μm particles from 8 holes (previously 4), improving cylinder-filling efficiency and contributing to increased engine power.
• Reduced mechanical loss care of an offset cylinder, plateau honing and use of journal bearings instead of a needle bearing for the connecting rod big-end.
• A more upright engine orientation (14° forward >> 7° forward) and a repositioned intake duct allow an even straighter approach for intake air.
• Lightest piston in its class, contributes to increased engine performance. Coating and striation on the pistons outer surface ensures exceptional wear resistance and oil retention for minimal sliding friction.
• Crank web design results in reduced engine vibration, smoother power delivery and increased performance in the mid-high rpm range.
• Revised rigidity for the shift fork delivers an improved shift touch.
Existing class leading features:
• Proven launch control system
• Adjustable foot peg and handlebar positioning
• Large 270mm front disc brakes
• Easy engine tuning with KX FI couplers and genuine KX Calibration Kit accessory
Colour: Lime Green with factory-style graphics
Availability: Now available through Kawasaki dealerships
Click HERE to vsit the model page on our website and findout more about this groundbreaking new model.