Lighter and more powerful, the 2016 KX450F provides sharper handling and improved circuit performance that will dominate the 450cc motocross class. Significant weight reduction in the engine and chassis make the 2016 KX450F our lightest yet, while a slimmer chassis and an even more powerful engine result in sharper handling and increased circuit performance. The enhancements made to the new KX450F have maintained the KX design philosophy which stretches back to the creation of the KX brand more than 40 years ago; to place mid-level to expert riders on the top step of the podium, every time.
- 449cm3 liquid cooled, 4-stroke single cylinder with battery-less fuel injection delivers hard hitting power all the way through the rev range.
- Revised cylinder head, an offset cylinder and changes to the intake system make the 2016 KX450F even more powerful and lighter.
- Weighing an astonishing 108.7kgs, the 2016 KX450F is 3.4kg lighter than its predecessor.
Race inspired tuning and parts ensure top level performance right out of the box. New rear air intakes enhance engine response while the redesigned aluminium frame is lighter, slimmer and stronger. The proven SFF-Air TAC forks have been updated and are race ready while the factory style brake discs provide enormous stopping power. No expense was spared in the development of the all-new 2016 KX450F.
Weight reductions are complimented by improved ergonomics. A flatter seat and tank, plus slimmer radiator shrouds improve handling as riders are able to move more freely while riding. The added convenience of adjustable handlebar and footpeg positions accommodate for riders of various sizes.
The same precision tuning as the Kawasaki factory teams is possible with the genuine Digital Fork Air Pump (accessory) and now the all new handheld Kawasaki KX FI Calibration Kit (accessory). The FI Calibration Kit enables complex tuning at the touch of a button for a winning edge on race day.
The 2016 Kawasaki KX450F is now available through Kawasaki dealerships in Lime Green. The RRP is $11, 199.
For more information on the new Kawasaki KX450F CLICK HERE
The KX250F is perhaps the most successful motocross racer in the extremely competitive 4-stroke 250cc class. It has a history of winning, including dual championships in 2011, and the 250MX championship in 2012. Adding to its highly acclaimed engine and chassis performance, numerous industry firsts and advanced technology, the KX250F was revised in 2015 to include new adjustable ergonomics, making the current model the best KX250F ever.
- High revving 249cm3 liquid cooled, 4-stroke single with dual fine atomising downstream Injectors to increase low-mid power and provide sharper response.
- AMA factory racer-spec Launch Control system gives riders an edge when starting in low-grip conditions.
- Riders are able to easily switch between three engine maps to suit riding conditions with the plug–and-play style KX DFI couplers.
- Separate Function front Fork (SFF), feature damping assembly in the left fork tube and a spring in the right both smooth action and firm damping performance – a combination difficult to achieve with a conventional fork.
- Slim rider interface and racer-friendly ergonomics are complemented by new adjustable handlebar and footpeg positions.
- Slim, lightweight aluminium perimeter frame is acclaimed for its high speed stability
The 2016 Kawasaki KX250F is now available through Kawasaki dealerships in Lime Green. The RRP is $9, 999.
For more information on the new Kawasaki KX250F CLICK HERE
All-New Handheld KX FI Controller
The new handheld KX FI Controller (separate accessory) is a handheld tool with a built-in colour LCD screen that enables fuel map calibration on your KX250F and KX450F . While this accessoryis designed to satisfy racers and expert riders, it is simple and hassle-free to use.
- Maps and data can be stored and transferred on a PC via SD card.
- The KX FI Calibration Controller contains seven pre-set map settings to suit various track conditions.
- Comes with transfer and diagnostic cables, SD memory card, user manual and a carrying case
- Suits many KX’s, including earlier models. Talk to your Kawasaki dealer for more information.
The handheld KX FI Controller is a separate accessory and will be available through Kawasaki dealerships