The First Jet Ski with Jetsound
Discerning watercraft enthusiasts know better than to fall for flashy graphics splashed over questionable engineering when they can have the perfect blend of performance and top-of-the-line quality backed by years of know-how from the people who introduced the sport of personal watercraft recreation in the first place, Kawasaki.
The 2019 JET SKI ULTRA 310LX PWC gives those experienced enthusiasts exactly what they want: the ultimate combination of class-leading power, precise handling and superior luxury.
- The JETSOUND™ audio system, a first in personal watercraft, allows riders to listen to music while riding
- Contoured and scalloped LXury three-passenger seat offers the ultimate in comfort for long-distance touring or casual riding, whether riding stand-up solo, seated or with passengers
- The industry’s first heat-resistant seat cover helps keep the rider and passengers cooler on hot days
- Hydroturf striped pattern deck matting provides classy looks and superior grip
- The supercharged DOHC inline four-cylinder engine produces a staggering 310 horsepower; It’s the most powerful production PWC in history
- The pump impeller features a super-efficient 3-blade design that gives the 310LX great initial acceleration
- Strong and light, the 310LX’s deep-V hull offers superb straight-line tracking and precise cornering performance
- Industry-leading, 212L storage capacity lets you bring all your gear with you
- 78L fuel tank is the largest in its class, providing tremendous range for long rides
- Left-side reverse lever is ergonomically designed for easy operation
- Separate keys for full power operation and Smart Learning Operation
Kawasaki Jetsound Audio System
The JETSOUND audio system, a first in personal watercraft, allows riders to listen to music while riding. For those who feel life is better with a soundtrack when blasting across the water on a supercharged Jet Ski, the new Jetsound audio system is for you!
The audio system was jointly developed with ASA Electronics (makers of Jensen). Standard equipment on the Ultra 310LX, the system includes an amp and audio controller (built into the handle), and two speakers (positioned below the mirrors).
The amp is rated at 20W (x 2 channels); max 40W x 2 channels. The speakers are rated at 30W each; max 60W x 2
The system is compatible with iPod and iPhone, other smartphones, and other audio players that have a stereo pin jack output and provide files in MP3 format. The system can also play music files from a USB memory stick.
The waterproof aluminium case in the glove box is provided for playback from a USB memory stick. The system can handle USB memory sticks up to 4GB. For iphone / iPod use, connect with the equipped stereo pin jack (3.5mm). A water resistant storage case is provided standard and is compatible with models / sizes up to iPhone 4S.
310 Horsepower Supercharged Engine
The 1,498cc, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine makes 310 horsepower via a low mechanical loss design and improved efficiency. The Eaton TVS constant-displacement supercharger and liquid-cooled intercooler provide instant and consistent boost for outstanding performance throughout the rev range.
- Heat-resistant plastic intake manifold is shaped to improved low-mid range power
- Cast pistons feature additional ring land V-grooves for better oil retention
- Hardened nickel 33.4mm intake and 28.3mm exhaust valves offer superior reliability
- Two-layer oil cooler offers efficient cooling
- Large cam chain increases reliability in a supercharged engine application
- The reinforced crankcase adds to engine’s durability and reliability
- Fuel pump provides a high pressure, high flow fuel for increased power and better fuel efficiency.
- Thick water jackets improve cooling performance
- Check valve system between the cylinder jacket and water muffler that shuts water flow off above 2,000 rpm, to keep the cooling water inside the cylinder jacket for optimum cooling performance
- Piston cooling oil jets increased from one jet per piston to two jets per piston for increased piston cooling
- Oil pan features additional baffle plates to prevent oil slosh during tight turns or extreme acceleration/deceleration
- Crankcase oil return holes are designed for quicker oil return to the oil pan
High-flow fuel injectors with 4 orifices are fitted to complement the increased power output and to improve combustion efficiency. A single throttle body is used with a bore diameter of 60 mm.
Efficiently cools high-pressure intake air – cooler air is denser and makes more power. Liquid-cooled intercooler design maintains consistent thermal performance.
To suit the 160 mm jet pump, the ULTRA 310LX gets an impeller designed to efficiently convert all the extra power into forward thrust. The pump impeller features a super-efficient 3-blade design that gives the 310LX great initial acceleration.
The wide rear deck behind the seat offers plenty of room to set up gear for water sports and facilitates getting back on board from the water. A long rear boarding step makes it easy to climb on board, and the step retracts inside the bumper to prevent damage.
Ultra 310LX’s Kawasaki Splash Deflector (KSD): The ridges across the bottom of the bow deflect water splashing foward from under the hull. A fourth splash deflector mounted at the top reduces spray during high speed turns.
Whether turning or blasting straight ahead, at high speeds or low, the Quattro KSD minimises spray, allowing greater rider concentration.
A groove running from the centre to the rear of the ride plate makes it easier to hold a straight course when running straight ahead.
The handlebars are 5-way adjustable and suit a wide range of riders and riding styles and allows comfortable stand-up or seated riding positions.
The redesigned left side reverse control is even easier to use.
Strong, Light Hull Design - Superb in Calm and Rough Water
Designed to emulate the performance of Kawasaki’s IJSBA championship-winning race machines, the reinforced inner bow is extremely light with ample strength to handle the engine’s power output.
Exemplary straight-line tracking and responsive handling in both calm and rough-water conditions set performance benchmarks for the class. The lower hull is specially designed to distribute the engine and power delivery loads over a wide area.
Deep-V hull design enables a steep bank angle for motorcycle-like turning performance. This reduces the lateral G-loads imposed on riders during turns, allowing them to better concentrate on riding. The 22.5° V-angle at the bottom of the hull helps reduce unwanted spinouts during sharp turns. This all assists in delivering the neutral handling and turning characteristics for which Kawasaki JET SKI watercraft are famous.
The bottom of the hull slants upward steeply from the center section to the bow, so the 310LX can penetrate swells and waves with less shock, pushing through waves rather than bouncing over them at high speeds. Integrated sponsons extend from the hull, providing wallow-free straight-line performance and contributing significantly to the 310LX’s excellent manoeuvrability while helping to retain the narrow hull design.
Sponsons extend from the hull to provide stable straight line performance (e.g. porpoising from start is minimised) while helping to retain the machine's narrow overall design. They also contribute significantly to the superb manoeuvrability when changing direction (particularly at higher speeds).
To effectively convert the 310 PS output into thrust, the Ultra 310LX utilises a, large 160mm jet pump, designed using eight guide vanes. The pump delivers superior “traction” in rough water conditions and significantly contributes to the Ultra 310LX’s mind-boggling acceleration.
The Ultra 300LX features a 4-into-2-into-1 powerboat-style exhaust system, which routes the exhaust pipe upwards. This allows the smoothest flow for exhaust gases, maximising exhaust efficiency.
Electronic Trim Control System
Electronic Trim Control System allows the rider to control the angle of the jet pump nozzle to suit water surface conditions and riding style.
Adjustment range is plus or minus 8 degrees from standard.
Electronic Cruise Control
IMPROVED Fuel Economy Assistance mode revised for significant fuel savings and increased range. Convenient electronic cruise control smoothly holds a set speed from 8 kph up to top speed.
One-touch, push-button 8 kph mode allows hassle-free no-wake zone riding and the economical Riding Indicator mode can be viewed on a graph on the LCD info screen.
Large Capacity Storage
The huge front storage compartment comes with removable tray combined with a centre console storage area.
- Large-capacity, fully sealed storage area with detachable storage tray offers ample room for recreational equipment
- Compact integrated underseat storage area is ideal for small items like a ski rope
- Total storage capacity of 212L on the ULTRA 310LX
Multiple Riding Modes
The ECU controlled ETV allows multiple riding mode options to be activated with the touch of a button. 8 kph mode conveniently regulates rpm to maintain constant speed in no-wake zones and cruise control fixes speed at a specified level for convenient long distance touring.
The Cool Seat and all the Comforts
The ULTRA 310LX is equipped with a comfort seat designed for enhancing cruising. Shaped for a good ergonomic fit, the comfort seat offers ultra-comfortable accommodation for three. Enhancing comfort on a hot day, the seat's new cover is made from revolutionary new material that resists heat gain, so the seat does not get as hot after sitting in the sun between rides. The stitching and the Jet Ski logo are some high quality touches that add to the ULTRA 310LX's premium image.
Handle grips are positioned at a fairly wide stance, contributing to rider-friendly control. The redesigned handrail is slimmer at the front (between the rider's legs when standing), making it easier for rider's to grip with their legs. Handrail also features a more ergonomic shape at the rear, positioning the handrail higher, and offering a more concave grip.
An ergonomic deck design gives plenty of legroom and the left-side reverse lever is ergonomically designed for easy operation. At the end of the day on the water, a quick and easy hose connection allows a simple method to flush sea water out of the engine.
Twin Vortices Supercharger
Four-lobe, constant-displacement design offers significant performance increase over standard roots-type unit. The system force-feeds the engine two liters of air with every revolution, providing a constant supply of high-pressure intake air at all rpm. The compressed air is delivered continuously, not in waves, for smoother power delivery.
LCD screen features a face design that’s easy to read. The instrumentation includes a fuel consumption function, a boost meter scale, riding modes, external water and air temperature, clock, time, trip and hour meters, tachometer (in digital or graph displays), speedometer and max speed functions.
Eco Indicator shows the rider when the speed and throttle opening is in the 310LX’s most efficient range. The Kawasaki Eco Mode reduces and smooths engine performance while conserving fuel.
The ULTRA 310LX features Kawasaki’s innovative electronic Smart Learning Operation (SLO) system which can be programmed to speed-limit the engine to assist novice riders in mastering their riding technique without worrying about excessive speeds.
Smart Learning Operation (SLO) allows newer riders to become familiar with the handling and response of this JET SKI watercraft at a more relaxed pace.
Two separate keys, one for SLO mode and one for full-power operation, help prevent confusion over which setting is in use.
Kawasaki Smart Steering® (KSS®) monitors steering input and engine speed and, when certain conditions are met, intelligently raises rpm to help initiate a turn.