Tokyo, March,1, 2019 — Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. announce today that it will start reproducing cylinder heads for the 900 Super Four/Z1 (hereinafter referred to as "Z1"), which was introduced in 1972 and went on to solidify Kawasaki’s position as a global leader in the large-displacement bike category, as well as for the 750RS/Z2 (hereinafter referred to as "Z2"), a Japanese-market version of the Z1, to cater to fans of these historic models around the world. The company will establish a dedicated online sales website in mid 2019 to take customer orders.
Sales of Kawasaki’s 900 Super Four/Z1 (“Z1”) commenced in 1972, with the Japanese domestic market 750RS/Z2 (“Z2”) following the next year. Both models were instantly popular from the time of their debut, together selling well over 120,000 units worldwide. They are historic models that have come to be recognised as symbols of Kawasaki motorcycles.
- Part Composition (includes the parts below)
- Camshaft brackets
- Valves and peripheral parts
- * Not intended to be an exact copy of the original, including the shape and surface quality, based on production standards at the time.
- * Does not include camshafts, a cylinder head cover, gaskets, etc.
- * Features M8 exhaust-pipe-attachment stud bolt dimensions from later models.
- * Does not fit on the Kawasaki KZ1000 MKII and other so-called "square head" models, which feature a second-generation square cylinder head cover that is slightly thicker.
- Compatible Models
- Compatibility Chart (PDF)
- How to Purchase
- A dedicated online sales website will be established (planned for mid 2019) to take customer orders, with actual sales scheduled to begin in 2020.
- Not available for purchase through any Kawasaki Dealership, all enquiries from our Australian customers should be forwarded to the below website.