A dream combination: Ninja + Touring
Now in its third iteration, the polished Ninja 1000 continues to offer the comfort and convenience to enable sport riding enthusiasts to take their seductively styled machines touring. Complementing the even smoother power delivery and extremely composed handling, the new model features increased touring performance care of improved wind protection, greater comfort and the clean-mount pannier system. All-new Ninja family styling deepens its sporty image. Loaded with the latest electronics technology that Kawasaki has to offer, the new Ninja 1000 is equipped to meet a wide range of rider needs.
Sport and Touring Perfectly Blended - Key Features
- Ninja Supersport styling with comfort
- Kawasaki latest IMU-enhanced electronic package
- KTRC (Kawasaki Traction Control)
- KCMF (Kawasaki Cornering Management Function)
- KIBS (Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System)
- Power Mode Selection
- Euro 4 compliant 1043cm3 Liquid Cooled, In-line Four
- Assist and Slipper Clutch
- Clean Mount Pannier System
- Remote preload on the rear suspension
- Large Volume Tank
- Relaxed Riding Position
- Taller Double Bubble Adjustable Windscreen
- Wider Fairing Increases Wind Protection
- Wider Rider's seat and longer and reshaped Passengers Seat
Sharp Ninja Styling
All-new bodywork includes a much sharper front cowl with a decidedly closer resemblance to Kawasaki’s Ninja supersport models. The more aggressive visage is complemented by fierce new LED headlamps. The dynamic and sporty bodywork reflects the Ninja 1000’s exciting street riding potential.
- Supersport-style full-fairing bodywork gives the Ninja 1000 a distinct, head-turning look. The sleek styling also offers a good measure of wind protection, facilitating short touring runs.
- Front cowl design is much sharper, giving the Ninja 1000 a much sportier appearance and greatly increasing its Ninja family resemblance.
- Chin spoilers similar to those on the Ninja H2 and Ninja ZX-10R strengthen the resemblance.
- Sharp, compact design of the LED headlamps contributes to the Ninja 1000’s fierce expression.
- Wider fairings offering increased wind protection cover a portion of the frame for a very integrated look.
- Front turn signals are built into to the fairings. Their more compact design contributes to the Ninja 1000’s sportier image.
- Both Riders and Passenger seat deliver increased comfort.
- 5-way adjustable clutch lever can be set to suit the size of the rider’s hands, contributing to rider comfort.
Power Mode Selection
A choice of Full Power or Low Power modes allows riders to set power delivery to suit preference and conditions. The right power at the right time.
Display functions include: odometer, dual trip meters, remaining range, current and average fuel consumption, external temperature, coolant temperature, clock, Economical Riding Indicator, Large analogue tachometer flanked by warning lamps on one side, a gear position indicator and multi-function LCD screen on the other. Stylish and easy to read.
Cool Air System
The Cool Air system routes cool air to the airbox from ducts at the front of the side fairings, minimising performance loss due to heated intake air. This is a feature for rider comfort on the 2017 Ninja 1000.
The Ninja 1000 is equipped with KCMF (Kawasaki Cornering Management Function), Kawasaki’s latest IMU-enhanced electronics package. On the Ninja 1000, KCMF oversees the following systems: KTRC (including traction and wheelie control), KIBS (including pitching and corner braking control)
Engine tuning focused on the feeling the rider gets when opening the throttle. Strong torque is complemented by direct throttle response. Revised engine settings offer even smoother power delivery and cleaner emissions.
- Liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve 1,043 cm3 In-line Four offers impressive power (105 kW (143 PS)) and strong torque.
- Good over-rev characteristics mean the power does not drop off suddenly at high rpm
- Power delivery is quite linear, but the engine spins up noticeably faster from about 7,000 rpm onwards. Silky smooth response from mid-high rpm ensures excellent driveability
- Revised ECU settings contribute to even smoother power delivery, facilitating control and contributing to rider comfort and confidence, and deliver cleaner emissions, ensuring various market regulations (including Euro 4) are cleared.
Enhanced Intake Note
Designed specifically so that the acceleration could be enjoyed aurally as well as physically, the carefully crafted auditory note of the intake is a key component of the street riding exhiliration offered by the Ninja 1000.
KCMF (Kawasaki Cornering Management Function)
Using the latest evolution of Kawasaki’s advanced modelling software and feedback from a compact Bosch IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) that gives an even clearer real-time picture of chassis orientation, KCMF monitors engine and chassis parameters throughout the corner – from entry, through the apex, to corner exit – modulating brake force and engine power to facilitate smooth transition from acceleration to braking and back again, and to assist riders in tracing their intended line through the corner.
KTRC (Kawasaki TRaction Control)
Three modes cover a wide range of riding conditions, offering either enhanced sport riding performance or the peace of mind to negotiate slippery surfaces with confidence. Feedback from the IMU enables more precise control.
KIBS (Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System)
Kawasaki’s supersport-grade high-precision brake management system take into account the particular handling characteristics of supersport motorcycles, ensuring highly efficient braking with minimal intrusion during sport riding. KIBS also incorporates corner braking control, modulating brake force to counter the tendency of the bike to stand up when braking mid-corner.
Assist and Slipper Clutch
Assist & Slipper Clutch was developed based on feedback from racing activities. The clutch uses two types of cams (an assist cam and a slipper cam), offering two functions not available on a standard clutch. When the engine is operating at normal rpm the assist cam functions as a self-servo mechanism, pulling the clutch hub and operating plate together to compress the clutch plates. This allows the total clutch spring load to be reduced, resulting in a lighter clutch lever pull when operating the clutch.
Dual LED headlamps (each featuring low and high beams, as well as a LED position lamp) offer excellent brightness. On the low-beam setting, lateral illumination is 1.3 to 1.5 times brighter, with a wider light projection area; on the high-beam setting, forward projection distance increases 1.4 times - compared to the previous year model.
The Ninja 1000’s relaxed riding position was designed to accommodate everything from city riding to touring to sport riding. The handlebar stays are mounted to the fork tube tops, which extend above the upper triple clamp. 5-way adjustable clutch and brake levers can be set to suit the size of the rider’s hands.. Mirrors have a greater range of movement and field of vision.
The rider and passenger seats deliver touring comfort. The passenger seat is filled with urethane padding and a design that swells at the front (25 mm thicker) to help keep tandem riders from sliding forward.. Dampers on the underside of the seat help reduce vibration. Ergonomically sculpted passenger grips are easy to hold and are naturally positioned.
The exhaust system features a 4-into-2-pre-chamber-into-2 layout. Silencer end-caps create a quad-style image. Euro 4 regulations compliant.
A relaxed riding position that can accommodate everything from city riding to touring to sport riding, and numerous bike-life-enhancing features, the Ninja 1000 complements its street riding excitement with a depth not available on Super-Naked or supersport models.
Touring and two-up potential is increased thanks to the genuine luggage accessories, comfortable seats and easy adjustability. This blend of comfort and control allows the rider to enjoy a variety of riding situations.
- The wider mirrors and the separate, raised handlebars contribute to the sporty and comfortable riding position.
- Now that the standard tandem grips are compatible with the clean-mount system, mounting the panniers is as simple as sliding them onto the slots on the grips and the
pannier supports integrated into tandem footpeg stays.
- The front and the rear foot pegs are rubber coated for comfort and grip.
(Optional accessory panniers shown in this image)
The direct handling of the Ninja 1000 can be largely attributed to the suspension settings. the bike responds quickly to rider input and soaks up bumps and ruts.
41mm inverted front forks feature stepless compression and rebound damping and spring preloas adjustability.
The rear shock features rebound and preload adjustablity. Load the bike up with a pillion and luggage and then easily adjust the rear suspension via the remote adjuster.
Revised shock settings and linkage ratio offer suppler suspension action for improved bump absorption and firmer cushioning. The new linkage also results in a lower seat height (820 mm >> 815 mm).
Front and Rear Brakes
The Ninja 1000 features Tokico monobloc calipers. The brakes on the Ninja 1000 have a firm initial touch, followed by a controlled increase in brake force.
- 300mm twin front brake petal discs are gripped by 4-piston radial mounted monobloc calipers.
- The rear brake features a single piston, pin-slide caliper gripping a 250mm petal disc.
- See KIBS for more details on the Ninja 1000 brakes
Optional Panniers (Accessory)
Talk to your Kawasaki Dealer about fitting the optional panniers to the Ninja 1000. The optional panniers requires, colour coded covers, one key lock system and deco strips and fitment.
A tall double-bubble windshield for great wind protection. The windshield is adjustable by hand, without tools, with three available positions to suit rider preference (windscreen adjustment should be done with the bike stopped).
Large-volume fuel tank
19 litre fuel tank offers a substantial touring range. Dynamic fuel tank design with tall upper surface featuring supersport-style flared edges - a shape that is easy to grip with the knees. Steel construction facilitates the use of a magnetic tank bag.