Change Your View
On any street, the new Versys 1000 offers maximum riding enjoyment. The highly responsive in-line four engine combined with a nimble chassis delivers sport performance in the most comfortable of settings. A weekend solo scratch, the daily commute, the long distance tour; solo or two-up the Versys 1000 will handle all that you can throw at it. The upright seating position, range of genuine accessories and and engine that loves to perform make the Versys 1000 the ideal city bike that comes alive on the twisty roads.
Change your view and ride the Kawasaki Versys 1000; comfort and performance.
- Sharp, Sporty Styling
- Adjustable windscreen
- ø43mm Inverted Forks
- Petal Discs with the latest specification ABS
- Genuine Accessories Range
- Assist and Slipper Clutch
- Centre Stand as Standard Equipment
- Horizontal Back-Link Rear Suspension
- Clean-mount Pannier System
- Aluminium Twin-tube Frame
- Thickly padded Seat
- Large Volume 21 litre Capacity Tank
- Wide Handlebars
- Upright Riding Position
- Substantial Payload
- Power Mode Selection
- 1043cm3 Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, In-line four cylinder engine
Thickly Padded Seat
Deep cushioning and tailor-designed seat material offer superb comfort for long-distance riding. The seat's slim desing and the knee grip characteristics of the tanks afford good freedom of movement, allowing the rider to change sitting position. Thick urethane increases comfort and contributes to a seat height that places the rider in a position of fun controllability.
The rear seat is sculpted to support and "lock-in" the pillion. Kawasaki's most comfortable and secure pillions seat on a sports touring bike.
The centre stand on the 2015 Versys 1000 is now a standard feature, offering increased utility and facillitating maintainence work.
A true sports touring bike feature, the centre stand.
Essential to make the ongoing maintainence tasks like lubricating your chain and checking the tyre pressures, easier to do.
Tripple Petal Disc Brakes
Larger, ø310mm front petal discs gripped by opposed 4-piston calipers deliver stronger stopping power with good brake touch and feel. The revised brake pad material offer stronger initial bite.
The latest-spec ABS is a standard feature on all Versys 1000 models. The high-spec ABS unit is ultr compact, very lightweight and enables high precision ABS control.
True to the Versys 1000's envisioned riding environment, ABS settings are designed to facillitate controlled braking in a variety of street riding situations.
Race Derived Clutch Technology
Race-inspired clutch technology offers both a back-torque limiting function as well as a much lighter feel at the lever.
Assist & Slipper Clutch was developed based on feedback from racing activities. The clutch uses two types of cams (an assist cam and a slipper cam), offering two new functions not available on the standard clutch of the previous model
Sharp Sporty Styling
Completely revised design package blends style, wind protection, aerodynamics and airflow management. The new twin headlamp design contributes to strong Kawasaki looks, while reflecting the Versys 1000’s abundant potential for fun, sporty riding. The sporty good looks give the Versys 1000 a stronger identity, and show the exciting sport riding offered by the nimble chassis and exhilarating in-line four engine.
- The upper Cowl features a horizontally split design that is compact and sporty. The Versys 1000 face is now adorned with twin headlights arranged horizontally.
- The front turn signals have been relocated (compared to the previous model) from the upper cowl to the shrouds to match the new headlight design
- Tapered handlebar with a shorter rise adds tougher looks to the cockpit area, complemented by the new single-piece handlebar clamp
- Revised mirror design adds the the fresh, sporty appearance
- Heel guard pads prevent paint from being rubbed off, adding to th ehigh quality finish
- Tachometer face is black
- Striking finish on the silencer body and an aluminium die-cast end cap add to the overall appeal
- The front brake reservoir tank adds a touch of class with the wedge shape design
- The aerodynamic chin spoiler is both functional and superbly stylish, creating a front face that calls to mind a wicked grin of fun that will resemble you own smiling face as you ride the 2016 Versys 1000.
Sporty 17" Wheels
Lightweight 6-spoke wheels that measure 17" are ideal for sporty street performance.
The tyre selected for their road sports potential offer increased cornering performance for more fun in hills, increased high speed stability and a stronger on-road image to go with the Versys 1000 refreshed styling.
Aluminium Twin Tube Frame
Aluminium twin tube frame design features frame beams that go over the engine, allowing a narrow construction that is easy to grip with your knees.
Lighweight and highly rigid, the frame uses the engine as a stressed member. It contributes to handling, offering a firm, planted feel, good stability and light, nimble turning.
Setting the caster angle to 27° contributes to a good balance of high speed stability and neutral handling character that suits sporty street riding.
Clean Mount Pannier System - Accessory
The mounting system for the accessory panniers allows the panniers to be attached and removed very simly, contributing to increased convenience. Completely revised to allow the panniers to be better integrated with the rear of the bike, the clean mount system positions the panniers much closer to the bike centreline and thanks to the clean, clutter-free design, ensures the rear of the bike looks good with the panniers removed. (Available as accessory). Colour matched covers and details add to the high end finish of the Versys 1000.
Adjustable windscreen has a stepless range of approximately 75mm (previously 30mm). Height can be adjusted without tools (using two knobs on the front of the screen) to suit rider preference.
The greater range of adjustment contributes to increased wind protection and comfort.
Real world riding occurs on streets that are often less than circuit smooth - road imperfections (bumps, holes) are far from rare, and some streets are not even sealed - Kawasaki engineers chose long travel suspension to enable riders to carve corners with aplomb. The Versys 1000 is not designed for off-road use, but the long travel suspension's ability to cope with less than perfect street conditions allows the Versys to remain composed where-ever you take it.
- At the fron the Versys 1000 is supported by ø43mm inverted cartridge type fork
- Damping mechanism is now concentrated in the right fork tube
- The front suspension is adjustable for rebound, compression and preload
- Rebound and compression damping are about 30% less than on the previous model. The more supple suspension setting contributes to improved rider comfort.
- Longer outer tubes (20mm longer) increases fork rigidity.
- Top out springs with revised, softer spring rate and increased length contribute to reduced shock at maximum extension, for increased stability
- The horizontal back-link rear suspension positions the shock unit and linkage above the swingarm
- A 109N/m rear shock spring gives sport riding stability and enables the bike to perfom when fully loaded
- A remote preload adjuster means changes to suit two-up riding or luggage can be made easily and by hand.
- The rear shock is also adjustable for rebound damping
High Payload & Carrying Capacity
Robust steel pipe rear frame enables the substantial payload of 220kg. A lightweight resin rear carrier (6kg capacity) is fitted as standard equipment.
47L Top Case - Accessory
An accessory top case (and mount) can be fitted. The top case is rate to 5kg and the 47L size is large enough to fit two full face helmets. Colour coded accessory panels enhance the look of the bike.
Tough-design multi-function instrumentation includes an analogue style tachometer and LCD with speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer, clock, dual trip meters, current and average fuel consumption, remaining range, and external air temperature. Large analogue-style tachometer is complemented by a multi-function LCD screen controlled by a convenient handle switch. Revised meter face adds to sporty looks.
21 litre fuel tank adds to the touring abilities of the 2015 Versys 1000. With engine and transmission settings (calculated) range on one tank could be 400km. New design fuel guage inside the fuel tank enable a very precise estimation of the remaining range.
The wide handlebar offers easy control, especially at low speed manoeuvring. Positioned to offer natural grip, it allows the ridier's elbows to be slightly bent when sitting in a relaxed, upright stance.
3 Mode KTRC (Kawasaki TRaction Contol)
3-mode KTRC combines the traction control technology of both 1-mode KTRC, which provides enhanced stability in slippery situations by preventing wheel slip, and S-KTRC, which helps maintain optimum traction in sport riding situations by predicting the rear wheel slip ratio during acceleration, into a single system.
Power Mode Selection
Power modes offer riders an easily selectable choice between Full and Low Power. While Full Power is unrestricted, in Low Power mode maximum power is limited to approximately 75-80% of Full.
Using high-precision electronic control for engine management, Kawasaki models can achieve a high level of fuel efficiency. However, fuel consumption is greatly affected by throttle use, gear selection, and other elements under the rider's control. The Economical Riding Indicator is a function that indicates when current riding conditions are consuming a low amount of fuel.