Fun. Aggressive. Easy
The Ninja 650L ABS improves upon the balanced package of it's predecessor. Increased engine performance adds more fun. A slim frame and seat offer more comfort and lighter handling. The aggressive Ninja styling, featuring wind-tunnel derived bodylines, is complemented by an adjustable windscreen. Equally at home in the city, on the highway or twisting through the hills, the Ninja 650L ABS is perfect choice for all riders. New Ninja 650L ABS retail price announced, talk to your local Kawasaki Dealer for the latest information.
FUN - Highest Ride Excitement - Key Features
- confidence in adverse conditions
- Twin-pipe perimeter frame offers balanced rigidity and a low seat height
- Twin-pipe swingarm assembly offers excellent rigidity and maximum style
- Sharp, stylish sportbike bodywork features excellent engine-heat dissipation and looks that identify with Kawasaki’s flagship Ninja ZX-14R
- Front and rear suspension settings and wheel travel are tuned to offer ride comfort with excellent compliance in varying situations
- Instrument cluster features an analog tachometer and a digital readout module for easy information at-a-glance
- Two-piece seat assembly features thick and wide foam for optimum rider and passenger comfort but is sculpted at the front so it does not interfere with the rider’s reach to the ground
- Easy-pull clutch design reduces fatigue and provides smooth engagement
The Ninja 650L’s Liquid-cooled, DOHC, 8-valve 649 cm³ Parallel Twin with fuel injection delivers smooth, responsive performance, especially in the low and medium rpm ranges. The engine has been tuned for rider-friendly power characteristics that will inspire confidence in new riders. The 2016 model (compared to the 2013 model) features a 4kW increase in max power - to 39kW - for improved performance in a LAMS category model.
The engine’s excellent mid-range power characteristics make the bike especially fun to ride at medium speeds on city streets. Roll-on response is exceptional, offering impressive passing performance.
Chassis and Suspension
A double pipe perimeter style frame is combined with a backbone style rear swingarm desing for a slim, light, nimble handling motorcycle.
The slim backbone allows elements to be positioned closer to the centreline of the bike. A short wheelbase and tight turning radius contribute to the Ninja 650L ABS high manoeuvrability.
The offset rear single shock suspension (with a green spring) flows smoothly from the frame to the swingarm. Following the lines of the frame and rear shock, the swingarm also features the double pipe design.
The 41mm front forks give the whole bike a compliant ride.
Dual 300 mm front petal disc brakes and 220 mm rear petal disc combined with front and rear ABS braking deliver plenty of reassuring braking performance.
Triple petal disc brakes look great and deliver plenty of stopping power combined with the twin piston front brake calipers.
A compact new ABS unit has more advanced processor that enables precise ABS control.
Attractive 6 spoke wheels give the bike a light look while reducing the unsprung weight
Digital Fuel Injection
The DFI settings boost the engine’s bottom-end power while letting it rev more quickly. The sub-throttle valve equipped 38mm Keihin throttle bodies offer optimum performance and rideability.
Located behind the main throttle valves, the sub-throttles are controlled by the DFI system’s ECU for a precise throttle response, similar to a constant velocity carburettor.
- The low-mid range focused power curve has few peaks and valleys for easy city riding and the increased low-end torque facilitates moving off from stops.
- The chassis is slimmer an more compact than previous models which means the bike is even lighter and easier to handle.
- The Ninja 650L ABS has a comfortable, neutral, upright riding position.
- A few tweaks has made it easier to reach the ground when seated on the Ninja 650L ABS. The narrower footpeg stay and pivot cover design, the new rear frame and seat design creae a slim line bike. The seat height figure is largely unchanged from previous modles, but your feet are approximately 50mm closer to the centreline of the bike due to the seat shape.
- The seat offers comfort and good freedom of movement.
- The windscreen is adjustable to 3 different positions which is a variation of 60mm
- The instrument panel is easy to read
- The ABS is the latest-spec lightweight and compact ABS unit. Advnaced processor and programming gives precise ABS control.
- Position-adjustable clutch and brake levers.
Slim Line Exhaust
Tucked away under the engine is the stylish exhaust for the Ninja 650L ABS. The under engine muffler with large volume internal construction delivers smooth torque in the everyday range below 7,000rpm. The increased performance facilitates control at lower rpm and contributes to the enhanced enjoyment of the Ninja 650L.
On the header pipes there is a connector tube joining the pipes to help eliminate peaks and valleys in the torque curve, resulting in smoother power delivery.
Increased Comfort for Rider and Pillion
The front seat is this at the top edge and thanks to the new rear frame design the plastic seat base construction enables much thicker cushioning throughout.
A sporty looking tandem seat with thick cushioning ensures good passenger comfort and ergonomic passenger grips are positioned to make them easy for tandem riders to grab. Good passenger confidence makes it easier for riders when carrying a pillion.
Thanks to the low seat height and slim overall design, it’s easy to keep both feet firmly on the ground when stopped, an important consideration for many riders.
Rider Friendly Ergonomics
The riding position was specially designed to inspire rider confidence. An idela relationship between the handlebars, seat and footpegs reqults in a comfortable and natural position suitable for a wide range of riders.
The wide handle bars offers more room on the bike for larger riders.
The suspension settings contribute to increase in rider comfort and redustion in fatigue.
The handlebars are rubber mounted to reduce vibration transmitted through the handle grips.
Footpegs are rubber mounted and both rider and pillion footpegs are rubber coated to further remove vibration.
Agressive Ninja Supersport Style Bodywork
Styling cues taken from the Ninja supersport models gives the Ninja 650L ABS an aggressive, sporty appearance. All lines move forward and downward, suggesting a crouching stance with a sharp mass-forward look.
The sculpted shape of the multi-reflector headlamp’s bulb hoods is an example of the attention given to detail on this model. The dual headlamp desing features twin position lamps.
The large openings in the side of the fairings are not only for the sporty look; they assist with heas dissapation.
Ninja 650 ABS shown in the image above (non-LAMS model)
Aggressive - Ninja Styling
- Sharp and aggessive Ninja inspired design is a part of the sports appeal of the Ninja 650L ABS
- The bodylines are derived from wind tunnel testing to ensure preimum performance
- The Ninja 650L ABS has a condensed, mass forward stance - this assists with the appearance and benefits the balance, drive and handling of the Ninja 650L
- The 2015 Ninja 650L ABS proudly sits in the Kawasaki sports group with the Ninja name; the craftsmanship is evident in all of the smallest details of this mid-size sports bike.
- Large capacity fuel tank (16L) meshes perfectly with the radically shaped fairing
- Distinctive Ninja supersport design elements enhance the Ninja 650’s sporty image and compact appearance
- Integrated front turn signals feature clear lenses and amber bulbs
- A sleek tail cowl featuring a thin LED taillight accentuates the bodywork’s radical appearance
Sharp Ninja Style
Sharper front fender design contributes to the aggressive new image while a sharper new LED taillight contributes to the slimmer look of the rear.
The sharp front fender is pure Ninja family and the built-in front indicators smooth the fairing line and add a sleekness to the front end.
The sporty windscreen is adjustable offering three positions and a total range of 60 mm.
The new bodywork and windscreen offer good wind protection and were designed to minimise head buffeting.
The clutch and the brake lever on the Ninja 650L ABS are position adjustable. One more way you can ensure your bike fits you perfectly.
The Ninja 650L clutch cable is light to pull in due to the cable being constructed with thinner strands. This reduces the effort to pull the lever in and increases the feeling in the clutch engagement point.
Multi-function Instrument Display
Stacked instrument cluster features an easier-to-read layout. Analogue-style tachometer and multi-function dual-window LCD screen use white LED backlights for excellent visibility at night.
In addition to the fuel gauge, digital speedometer, clock, odometer and dual trip meters, new features include: remaining range, average/instant fuel consumption and the Economical Riding Indicator.
Rider Friendly Features
The 2015 Ninja 650L ABS is equipped with a number of features that are designed to improve the riding experience.
- A dual headlight design within the fairing’s angular upper section features multi-reflector bulb hoods and twin position lights – like its Ninja supersport brethren
- A 3-way adjustable windscreen deflects air away from the rider, creating a still-air envelope and reducing wind buffeting at higher speeds
- Inner rear fender helps keep the underside of the tail cowl clean
- Turn signals also function as flashing hazard lights
- A front fender minimizes water splash, while its shape matches the Ninja 650’s bodywork styling
- Supersport-type mirrors – like those on Kawasaki’s ZX-10R and 6R – accentuate the bike’s aggressive styling
- Four tie down hooks for luggage.
- Under seat storage - enough room for a U-Lock or similar security device.
- Under seat helmet hooks.