2018 JET SKI Ultra LX - Luxury, Performance and Efficiency
The JET SKI Ultra LX personal watercraft hits all the right marks when it comes to offering performance and value. It is an all-around, go-everywhere watercraft that matches fun and excitement with convenience and practicality. Because it shares many parts with its racier 310 series siblings, the Ultra LX delivers excellent performance for enthusiasts with tremendous comfort and cavernous storage capacity. It is very much an Ultra!
- Sporty handling and excellent tracking in all water conditions.
- Deep-V hull provides better grip for racing-like performance.
- Industry-leading storage capacity lets you bring all the gear you need.
- Largest fuel tank in class keeps the fun going longer.
- Scalloped luxury seat enhances comfort during high-speed cruising.
- Five-position adjustable steering adapts to a variety of riders.
- Splash deflectors across the bottom of the bow minimize spray in a wide variety of conditions. for greater rider concentration.
- Retracting rear boarding step makes it easy to climb aboard.
Refined Fun and Performance
The JET SKI ULTRA LX comes equipped with the high-performance hull of the ULTRA 310 Series.
Loaded with technology from Kawasaki’s championship winning machines, the race-developed hull handles with precision and stability, with a high level of seaworthiness.
In addition to contributing to the Ultra LX’s improved handling in both rough and calm water, the idealised strength balance helps realise a much lighter package. A revised steering nozzle also contributes to the much lighter handling.
A generous three-seater that encourages family fun.
The Ultra LX hull design incorporates feedback from Kawasaki’s IJSBA championship-winning racing machines for excellent tracking and responsive handling in both calm and rough water conditions.
The hull delivers the neutral handling and turning characteristics that made Kawasaki Jet Ski personal watercraft famous, yet the hull enables a high bank angle for motorcycle-like turning performance with reduced side G-loads imposed on riders during turns.
Ridges across the bottom of the bow, Kawasaki Splash Deflectors deflect water splashing forward from under the hull.
The fourth splash deflector mounted at the top reduces spray during high-speed turns. Whether turning or blasting straight ahead, at high speeds or low, the Quattro KSD minimises spray, enhancing ride comfort.
The 22.5-degree V-angle at the bottom of the Ultra LX’s hull helps prevent spinouts during sharp turns and provides a smoother ride in rough water
Placing the battery near the center of the machine optimizes weight balance in the hull and frees space inside the engine bay to help maximize storage capacity.
Sponsons & Side Bumper Fins
Sponsons extending from the hull and fins along the underside of the side bumpers provide stable straight-line performance (e.g. porpoising from start is minimised, etc) while helping to retain the machine’s narrow overall design. They also contribute significantly to the ULTRA LX’s high manoeuvrability when changing direction (particularly at higher speeds).
Graphics and Style
The Ultra LX not only performs like a champion JET SKI, but it also has the looks of a factory machine. The LXury seat, integrated mirrors, high quality deck matting, rear re-mount step, adjustable bars, high quality paint finish and Kawasaki defined graphics.
Super Responsive Engine Performance
Kicking out an impressive 160 PS at 7,500 rpm, the liquid-cooled, 1,498 cm3 In-line 4-cylinder Ninja supersport-based engine delivers the responsive performance that sport riders love.
In spite of its high performance, this ultra-low emissions PWC easily clears the stringent CARB regulations.
Engine strengthening items borrowed from the powerful Ultra 310LX ensure high durability and reliability.
The Ultra LX features a normally aspirated, fuel injected engine that is designed to deliver eye-opening performance and combine it with incredible economy.
Performance and Injection
Large single 60mm throttle body. Digital fuel injection provides great throttle response, smooth engine performance and quick acceleration, as well as easy starting and excellent fuel economy. Four-orifice, high-flow fuel injectors provide efficient combustion.
- Strong engine provides 160 horsepower plus excellent low- and mid-range torque.
- Dual overhead cams (DOHC) are light and compact for less valve train inertial mass.
- Four large valves per cylinder provide better intake and exhaust flow for optimum torque and power.
- Intake and exhaust valve lift as well as timing are set to reduce exhaust emissions.
- Intake tract designed for maximum performance.
- Waterproof ECU and ignition coils protect the ignition system from electrical shorts.
- Unique semi-dry sump oil system lowers the crankshaft in the engine, eliminates the need for scavenging pumps, and keeps the oil in the sump instead of flooding the crankcase if the craft capsizes.
- Large capacity airbox lowers engine noise and improves air intake flow.
*Horsepower measured in PS at the crankshaft under controlled conditions. Actual performance may vary
155mm Jet Pump
Large-diameter 155mm jet pump efficiently converts the engine’s horsepower into thrust.
Developed based on feedback from Kawasaki’s race machines, this pump is designed to deliver consistent output and good “bite,” even when riding on rough water.
The large, sophisticated three-blade impeller unit delivers both high speed performance and quiet operation.
Eight-vane intake guide smoothes and regulates the flow of water from the impeller for efficient and powerful propulsion.
The reverse lever is on the left side for easy operation while modulating the throttle with the right hand.
Riding Position and Ergonomics
The ULTRA LX is equipped with the LXury seat, a scalloped seat designed for enhanced cruising comfort. The luxury seat will accomodate a rider + 2 passengers (3 seater)
Contoured for a good ergonomic fit, the LXuryseat offers ultra-comfortable accommodation for three. The seat’s steps can be compressed from above when sat upon, allowing riders to shift rearward during strong acceleration.
The large-capacity, fully sealed 206-litre storage area has plenty of room for recreational equipment. A detachable storage compartment is also fitted.
Integral with the under-seat rear grip is a compact storage area ideal for tools and other small items.
Extensive Cruising Range
Offering a class-leading fuel capacity, the ULTRA LX’s 78-litre fuel tank makes long-distance adventures easy.
Good fuel economy (especially compared to supercharged models), combined with the large fuel tank, ensures a long range between fill-ups.
Smart Learning Operation (SLO)-Mode function allows newer riders to become familiar with the handling and response of this JET SKI watercraft at a more relaxed pace before operating the Ultra LX at full power.
Two separate keys (one for SLO-mode, one for full-power operation) prevent operating mistakes.
The reverse lever, located on the left side for easy operation, features a new ergonomic design (for both the lever itself and the lock-release button) and offers much lighter operation.
Genuine Kawasaki Accessories
A great range of Genuine Kawasaki accessories are available from your local Kawasaki Jet Ski Dealership.
Luxury, Comfort and Performance
Along with the high performance hull, the ULTRA LX gets new JET SKI family styling and all-digital instrumentation. To match its high-class looks, a number of flagship features offer a high level of quality and comfort.
- 5-way adjustable steering handle suits a variety of riding styles and rider sizes, and makes sport riding possible while either standing or sitting.
- The LXuryseat is designed for all-day comfort, with plenty of room for three.
- Plenty of built-in storage capacity for recreational gear.
- The 78-litre fuel tank is also one of the largest in the industry, making the JET SKI ULTRA LX a superb all-day touring partner.